- 10 stalks asparagus
- 5 slices of turkey bacon
- Salt pepper, and garlic salt or powder
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Wash the asparagus really well and discard any dead pieces.
- Cut each strip of turkey bacon in half.
- Lightly season the asparagus stalks and wrap the bacon around them. Secure the ends with toothpicks if needed.
- Add more seasoning if desired.
- Put the asparagus on a wire rack and put the wire rack on a baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes and serve immediately - plain or with your favorite sauce.
When we’re at home I like to make healthy snacking options like turkey bacon wrapped asparagus. They are easy to prepare and work great for midday hunger and cravings. I am working extra hard to manage my glucose levels since my doctor’s reprimand last week. I told her about my bacon fascination and she agrees that this is a great, healthy snack option.