I absolutely love spring; the colors, the weather, the smells, and the opening of the pick-your-own strawberry patches. Now that winter is finally behind us I couldn’t wait to take advantage of our local strawberries so I took a trip to pick a few pints. When I got home I realized my berries weren’t as sweet as I had hoped, so I decided to make a fresh strawberry cobbler with them. Strawberry cobbler is a great way to use strawberries that fall short on the eat them as they are scale.
Since I’m currently following the Weight Watchers plan I wanted this strawberry cobbler to have as few points as possible. I found a Strawberry-Rhubarb Cobbler recipe on the Weight Watchers website and that’s where the inspiration for this recipe came from. This recipe comes in at 6 SmartPoints per serving and makes 8 servings.
I don’t like artificial sweeteners so I use regular granulated sugar in my recipes. You may be able to reduce the SmartPoints even more if you use Stevia or something similar.
Strawberry cobbler is one of my favorite guilty pleasures. The crust part alone is enough to make me swoon. It’s chewy, but not pull your teeth out of your head chewy. I love that it’s not so heavy that you feel miserable after eating it. It’s just the right balance of healthy and indulgent so you won’t feel guilty if you eat just a bit more than you should.
Pin This: Fresh Strawberry Cobbler Recipe!
Do you have a favorite Weight Watchers SmartPoints dessert? I’m always looking for more ways to satisfy my cravings without going over my SmartPoints budget. Stay tuned for even more Weight Watchers friendly recipes, and let me know if there’s a specific recipe you’d like to see. I’m having so much fun making and eating the Weight Watchers friendly foods. When was the last time you had fun on a diet?!
Fresh Strawberry Cobbler
- May 3, 2018
- Print this
- 3 cups fresh strawberries
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 stick Smart Balance Blended Butter, melted
- 1 cup fat free skim milk
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Step 2
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries and 3 Tbsp of sugar. Mix well and set aside.
- Step 3
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Add melted butter and whisk until everything is blended together.
- Step 4
- Slowly whisk in the milk until everything comes together.
- Step 5
- Pour mixture into the baking dish. Sprinkle the strawberries onto the mixture without stirring.
- Step 6
- Bake for 45 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Step 7
- Let the cobbler sit for 15 minutes and then serve warm.