Today I have an extra special treat for you. This chocolate and cherry Bundt cake recipe is perfect for everyone, whether you’re at home in the kitchen or you’re the type of “cook” that burns water. You seriously can’t go wrong with this easy chocolate and cherry Bundt cake recipe. With a few simple ingredients, you’ll have a beautiful cake that will wow even the ones who have survived your worst kitchen disasters. I’m speaking from experience here!
First, you need a box of cake mix. You can use whichever flavor you prefer, but I chose a devil’s food mix. Chocolate and cherries are a wonderful combination and Devil’s food cake is always welcome in my world. You’ll also need a can of cherry pie filling (you can substitute homemade or other fruit filling here) and the ingredients from the back of the cake mix box. Typically eggs, water, and vegetable oil.
First, you make the cake mix, just follow the directions on the back of the box. Dump in the cherry pie filling and mix it in with a spoon. Pour that into a greased Bundt pan and bake it for 40 – 45 minutes at 350. Let it cool for about 10 minutes before inverting it.
If that sounds too easy that’s because it is. There’s no secret steps or complicated requirements. Just an oven full of mouth-watering goodness and a houseful of happy people. Since the cherries are heavy, they tend to fall to the bottom of the pan. That’s why I like making this in a Bundt pan; once it’s inverted the cherries are on top. The cake comes out incredibly moist and full of flavor.
If you’re feeling adventurous, here are some flavor combinations besides the chocolate and cherry Bundt cake you can experiment with.
- French Vanilla Cake Mix + Cherry Pie Filling
- German Chocolate Cake Mix + Apple Pie Filling
- Yellow Cake Mix + Blueberry Pie Filling
What flavor combinations do you think would be the best? Are you going to experiment with some new flavors? Be sure to let us know by leaving a comment below.
Go ahead, try this delicious chocolate and cherry bundt cake. Happy Baking!
Easy Cherry & Chocolate Bundt Cake
- July 2, 2018
- Print this
- 1 box Devil's Food cake mix, or preferred flavor
- cake mix ingredients
- 1 23 oz. can Cherry Pie filling
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Step 2
- Grease the bottom and sides of a Bundt pan.
- Step 3
- Mix cake mix according to package directions.
- Step 4
- Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan.
- Step 5
- Pour pie filling over the cake batter and use a spoon to swirl the pie filling into the batter.
- Step 6
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until cake is golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Step 7
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.