Do you ever get bored with pie? 1 crust, 2 crusts – pie crust is just, well, pie crust. You can doctor it up and put your own spin on it, but alas, it’s still pie crust. But, when you add muffin mix to the top of a pie you get something that goes beyond crust.
You get magic! That’s what I took away from this latest kitchen experiment. A magical blueberry pie with a strawberry muffin top.
- 1 prepared pie crust
- 1 15 oz. can blueberry pie filling
- 1 package strawberry muffin mix
- Prepare the pie crust according to the package directions.
- Prepare the muffin mix according to the package directions, but don't bake - just leave it in the mixing bowl.
- Add blueberry pie filling and top with the muffin mix; spread evenly.
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes and allow to cool before slicing.
I took the easy way out and used store-bought pie filling and pie crust and muffin mix. I’m sure it would work just as well with homemade ingredients so don’t let that stop you from trying this recipe.