It’s frustrating, to say the least; especially since a new PC isn’t in my budget right now.
Instead of spending hundreds of dollars on a new PC I decided it was time to give my laptop a FreshStart.
What is FreshStart
FreshStart is the affordable, stress-free solution to sluggish PC. Instead of buying a new computer, having to transfer and possibly lose important files, or shelling out a ton of money for repair FreshStart gives your computer a big boost. You get a new high-capacity hard drive and the tools and directions to install it all while everything remains intact. You also get a 90-day trial of Norton Security Software preloaded on the hard drive.
Let’s take a look at the benefits of FreshStart
- Add years of life to your laptop or Windows PC
- Add more storage to your PC while your old hard drive turns into external storage
- None of your files will be moved, deleted, or altered in any way.
- The upgrade is done in the convenience of your home. If you’re not comfortable doing it yourself a technician will come do it for you.
- It’s less than $100!
I like to think of myself as PC savvy so I opted to do my own FreshStart upgrade and it was so simple. I can honestly say, even if you don’t know the first thing about computers, you can do this. The instructions advise you watch tutorial videos to help with changing out the hard drive, and that’s great since I’m a visual learner.
The hardest part for me was getting my old hard drive out, there were so many screws to remove I thought they would never end. Once that was done though the rest was easy peasy. I was actually surprised at just how easy it was and even more so that none of my files were moved or changed. It was just like nothing changed except the performance.
My laptop is performing just as well, if not better, as when I bought it since the FreshStart upgrade. Not only did I save time and stress, I saved money too.
Does your PC meet the requirements for FreshStart
To be a FreshStart candidate, your PC must meet the following criteria:
- Can power on and boot to Windows
- Must be a laptop or desktop PC
- For Windows 7 users, the license key sticker must be legible to be able to get the free upgrade to Win 10
- Must be less than 10 years old